As I noted in my open letter to Zecharia Sitchin, I have challenged him and other ancient astronaut researchers to produce one line of one cuneiform text that demonstrates his ideas about the Anunnaki are really in the Sumerian texts. I want to see one line of one text that says things like the Anunnaki inhabit a planet or inhabit Nibiru, or that the term "Anunnaki" means "people of the fiery rockets, that sort of thing.
Now, I could drone on about Mr. Sitchin's bogus translations and understanding of the Anunnaki, but I thought of something much better. You don't need to take my word for any of this. The Sumerian texts are online in English translation and are searchable -- even by Sumerian word! I invite you -- no, I challenge you -- to click on the link below and watch me search the Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature right before your eyes for the Sumerian word "Anunnaki." Here is a PDF file of the search results, but it's best if YOU do the search, since you will be able to click through the search results and get to English translations of the hits.
Do the search at the link below and see if what I'm saying is true. Mr. Sitchin is making it up when it comes to what he says about the Anunnaki. The evidence is waiting for you now:
NOTE on the above video and the search it shows: Some readers have been unable to replicate the search shown in the video. I don't know why that would be (maybe something under the hood at ETCSL), so here is another way to find all the occurrences of "Anunnaki" on that site>
1. Go to this URL (it's the "advanced search" from the front page).
2. Then at the top of that web page (see image below), type in "a-nun-na" (with the dashes, but not the quotation marks) next to "search for"; then select "lemma" from the next pull down menu (after the word "as").
3. Then click on the "search for" button.
4. This search will get you all occurrences of "Anunna" and "Anunnaki" (the former is the more common term; the latter is a transliteration when "anunna" also has the "ke" sign (see the "results" image below). To view an English translation of the results, click on "Tr" in the results page (see arrow in the image below). If there is no English, I think the occurrence is ONLY the name in a fragmentary text.
5. Enjoy discovering for yourself that Sitchin is wrong!
NEW - English translations of three scholarly German articles on the Anunnaki.